Uncharted 3 details Revealed
“Issue 57 of the Official Playstation Magazine has an exclusive look at Uncharted 3, as well as a chat with the developers, which brings to light a bunch of new information regarding story, characters, and sand. Endless, endless sand. The magazine should be available in stores now.” Just click you know you want to read
– Drake spends most of his time exploring the Arabian dunes of Rub’ al Khali.
– The game features “all the things you’d expect in a desert” – including sandstorms and mirages.
– The sand creates a ‘dynamic environment’ for Drake, with altering geography.
“We’ve done a ton of research…The way sand blows over and curls over the tops of dunes, the way it displaces and flows – it’s almost a liquid” – Amy Hennig, Creative Director
– Drake and Sullivan are in the Empty Quarter, looking for the Iram Of The Pillars, a kind of Arabian Atlantis.
– Not all locations are dry and arid; you’ll be taken all over the world to places like London and a jungle temple.
– The story is based around Lawrence Of Arabia, and his fascination with Iram Of The Pillars.
– Bike sections are all but confirmed. There’s a newspaper cutout in the teaser trailer that mentions motorcycles, and Naughty Dog says “We have a strong tradition of vehicular gameplay, and we try not to repeat ourselves”.
– The story to the game is still being written and altered, but villain Katherine Marlowe is part of an secret order that dates back to Queen Elizabeth I.
– Drake’s Deception will most likely not be his last outing; “The Uncharted franchise was never conceived as a trilogy”
– “Of course, there are recurring characters from previous games” – I guess that’s Elena confirmed, then?
– There’s a new melee system, with features like Drake picking up a bottle from a table and smashing it over an enemy’s head. There are also new stealth moves and mechanics.
– “We’ll be sure to alert everyone if a public beta is in the works this time around”.
The Release for Uncharted 3 has remained un-budged so far, still holding true to its 11-1-2011 release date.