Kickstarter: The Final 3 Weeks
We started our Kickstarter page as a sort of joke, but after time went on I got serious about it. I spend lots of time looking at other Kickstarters and see that many other Podcast projects get up to $136,000. We already do the podcast as it is and are fine with that. We are wanting to have the opportunity to expand our media distribution from just a podcast to much more.
What do we want to do besides the podcast?
- I would love to be able to review Android apps. I am a huge Android Fanboy and would love to be able to share the amazing things to do on Android.
- There are many topics I would love to talk about on the podcast, but the time doesn’t allow it so I would love to do a video show where I discuss More Geek News that couldn’t make it to our weekly podcast.
- Stuart and I would both like to be able to do video game reviews as well as quick looks to give our opinions on the newest games.
- We would also like to be able to enhance the current podcast quality. We try to put out the best we can, but we would love to improve the quality even better then it is currently.
- We would also love to be able to stream the show live while we record. We want to be able to have live listener participation.
There are many other things we want to do. Our problem is we are a small site. Stuart and I are unable to shell out the money in order to do all the stuff we want to do. Kickstarter is a way to get a lot of people to give a little and help a whole lot. Our Kickstarter has 3 weeks left and we are asking for your help.
How Can you Help?
- Pledge any amount. $1, $5, $15, $25, $50 or anything in between or more. Any amount will earn you a reward. If you pledge high enough you get every reward below your amount.
- Spread the word. Help us out by letting your friends on Facebook know, tweet about it, if your a podcaster then tell your listeners, or any other way you have to let others know.
On a personal note: I have had a lot of problems happen recently and I feel like doubling down on the Podcast and website. Getting our Kickstarter funded would help out tremendously towards helping us spread our geek footprint on the web. And if we don’t reach our goal we don’t get anything and will remain on Kickstarter as a failure. So we are asking all you geeks out there to help us expand our Geekyness on the web.